Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baby Tessa

It's interesting how life works out.

Decisions we make today are the building blocks of tomorrow.  Some are big, some are small.  Some are difficult, some are easy.  Some don't turn out the way we planned, and some turn out to be better than expected.

When Lindsay moved away from Michigan in 2005, as a friend, I was sad to see her go.  She's one of the most easy going, empowering, sincere people I know.  But I was proud of her braveness to make a decision that took her to Charlotte, NC to love and teach kids who were hard to love and teach.  It was a big first step out of college, but it was also a step that would take her into the life full of all she has now.

A move to Nashville.
A job that allows her to use her gifts.
A welcoming house.
A loving husband.




And now, a beautiful baby girl.


One of the best parts about growing older is the additional life you get to experience.  It gets richer, and with age comes appreciation.  I do a better job these days at being mindful of thankfulness.  Of all the blessings I have, and all the experiences I get to be a part of with the people I care most about.  In April, my friend Krista and I made the trip down to Nashville to visit Linds and her family.  The trip can be filed under "decisions that turned out better than expected".  It was a visit filled with way too much Bravo TV, the best tortilla soup of my life, and passing sweet baby Tessa from one snuggle to the next.   It was the best.

                             



And naturally, no visit from Auntie Em would be complete without a pint sized photo shoot of the beautiful babe.










It was such a joy to meet you, Tessa Marie!  I'm thankful your mama and daddy keep me up to date on all the growing you're up to, and stories of how much they love you and your sweet personality.  I'll be back to see you soon!

                       

Send your sweet mama my love!  I have no doubt that she is loving you with that easy going, empowering and sincere love all her friends from Michigan know so well.  I'm glad you have her to love you like that.  You're one lucky little babe.  

                     
xoxo, 
Auntie Em

No comments:

Post a Comment