Thursday, July 19, 2012

Little Jacob

It was a typical summer day in July.  It had been hot since morning, but quite frankly, the weather couldn't make up its mind.  The day was a constant battle between ominous clouds and strong sunshine.  As I drove to meet the Garavaglia family at Heritage park, my eyes did a continual shift from road, to sky.  Road, to sky.  Road, to sky.


But when I got to the park, I found nothing but sunshine.



He has the happiest of smiles.



























































The first time I met sweet Jacob, his mom and dad were pulling a striped onesie over his perfectly round head.  When his face popped out the other side, he greeted me with the biggest, gummy smile I've ever seen.  It was as if he was saying, "I'm so glad to see you!".  I knew from that moment, we were going to work perfectly well together.






"The past 6 months have flown by!", agreed Jacob's parents, Adrienne and Dan.  "He's growing so fast!", Adrienne continued on, as they spoke of how much they've enjoyed the last half year.  Jacob had turned 6 months old a few days before the shoot, and the two had asked if I'd document the milestone for them.  Needless to say, I was happy to.




I've known Adrienne and Dan since high school.  I've always been a sucker for a good love story, and anytime you throw "high school sweethearts" into the equation, you're bound for a good outcome.  And that's exactly how their story started.  Since then, they've not only continued to love each other, but gone on to start a family together.  Starring this little blue-eyed cutie.








Remember that big smile I was raving about?  I think he gets it equal parts from his mom and dad.  





































It was such a joy to reconnect with old friends.  A lot has happened since the days Adrienne and I cheered together in high school.  In most ways, like the marriage of a couple sweethearts, and the growth of their family together, the changes have made lots of room for celebration.  I hope to continue to follow up with them in the future.  This sweet face isn't one I want to be away from for long :)


No comments:

Post a Comment